Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Music Video Monday

Thursday was my last day at the library, and now the real work begins. But full-time moms need social outlets, so hopefully you'll be seeing a bit more activity around here in the months to come. Silly babies and their rearranging-of-all-life's-goals-and-aspirations.

To encourage consistency, I'm introducing a series called Music Video Monday (not entirely a new concept). Because even if I don't feel like being creative, surely I can at least find a good music video, right? Kick off the work week with a smile.

This week's video is Fatboy Slim's cover of "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band, in honor of my older brother's birthday this week, because he used to go around singing it all the time in high school. I prefer the original song, but Fatboy Slim's video is superior to many things on the internet. Thanks, Sadie, for introducing us.*



Happy Monday!

*Introducing me to the video, not me to my brother. Of course.

3 comments:

  1. I love this video. Back before the Internet was full of cats, and when watching videos online totally sucked, Matt used to find and *download* cat videos for me. I had this one, and one of a kitten falling asleep, and a couple of others. Ah, memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I was going to mention that in my blog, but I was afraid you'd get mad because it revealed your age... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard on NPR that google R&D has linked 16,000 computers (they used a technical term - processor of some kind, blah blah blah) to create an artificial neural network to simulate the human brain.

    THEN they let it watch thousands of youTube videos - with no instructions.

    Guess what it did with it's time? It learned to recognize a cat! Like - after hours of watching videos, they wondered, "What did it learn? Can it recognize a cat?" And, in fact, without being told to do so, one "neuron" in the system devoted itself to this without being told, and when the whole thing was showed pics of cats and pics of other things, it had a "strong reaction" to the cats and not to the other things.

    I think this is glorious! Soon, Data will be walking among us!

    ReplyDelete