Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Laundry Baby: A Musical Interlude



Laundry Baby
A parody of "Broadway Baby"
(If you're not up on your show tunes, you can find the music here)

I'm just a Laaaundry Baaaaby...
Workin' on two tired feet
Folding towels and fitted sheets
So they will be cleeeeean...

Laundry Baby
Sorting whites from greens and blues
Soaking and pretreating poos
To get them all clean.

Hey!
I'd love to lay 
Beside the bay
Oh, dressed all in white!
Indeed.
Somebody peed.
And now I need
To get my whites bright!

Someday maybe
Children will be old and grown.
Jon and I will be alone...
But we will be clean!

Hey, Mr. Beet Juice, Sir!
And you, Grass Stain, too Sir!
I don't need a lot
Only what I got
Vinegar and Borax to get out that spot!

Someday maybe
We'll have robots do it all
But 'till then, the task must fall
To one tired mama
Washing shirts, jeans, and pajamas,
All to Get. That. Laundry. CLEEEEEEE-AAAN!

1 comment:

  1. lol! This picture inspired me to actually do some laundry last night. Unfortunately, our washer is leaking from somewhere... so that was not such a good thing.

    ReplyDelete