Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

I have absolutely no motivation to do my homework. Only one final project and an exam to go, and then I'd be done for the forseeable future. But when given the choice between long-term and short-term satisfaction, I suppose procrastinating by watching Kitchen Nightmares* and Nostalgia Chick and reading lots of TVTropes seems better than writing a "Reference Pathfinder" or some such nonsense. Especially when I'm sick in bed, my motivation to work ahead is practically nil. ("Ahead" here is relative - I should have started this project months ago.)

So after gluing my eyes to my laptop screen all day, I've become aware of what I have in common with a quirky, deadly-turned-adorkable robot:


So in case you're like Johnny 5 and me, here are just five sites I subscribe to or visit for a quick laugh. (We'll talk about the merits of Google Reader another day, yes?)
  • Cakewrecks: Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably seen this cake blogger who posts the most horrible cakes you can imagine...and some gorgeous ones on Sundays. This Sunday's Sweets are all literary - perfect for that librarian in your life.
  • Not Invented Here: This webcomic about computer software developers has enough relevance to most workplaces to be funny, even if you don't know computers. The geek humor, though, adds a delightful bonus.
  • Engrish Funny: On some days, my favorite section of the Failblog/Cheezburger conglomerate.
  • Unhappy Hipsters: Pairs photos of modern architecture and design with darkly funny captions.
  • Cute Overload: Squeeeeeee!
Any favorites of yours you'd like to share? Leave me a comment - and bonus points if you get what the title of this post references. Here's wishing you and yours a very merry interneting!

Love, Katie

*Not my first choice of Hulu selections, btw - but I'm all caught up on Fringe, Bones, and Castle. What's a girl to do? I do take suggestions...

5 comments:

  1. "I'm a pepper, he's a pepper, she's a pepper..." Only I'm not a pepper. Yuck.

    Thank you for introducing me to unhappy hipsters. They are currently cracking my shiz up--- Here is one of my favs so far.

    http://unhappyhipsters.com/post/4005247561/then-one-day-the-concrete-pavers-led-him-right#disqus_thread

    Illuminated Pretense, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny 5 was my childhood hero, even if he spelled his name wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love awkward family photos, too, Rhonda! It was hard to narrow it down to five. They crack me up.

    2 points for Renee - but the answer threw me for a loop, because it's correct, but not where I heard it from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unhappy hipsters hits a little too close to home for me. Especially in my new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous that you're caught up on Fringe. These past two semesters (or, rather, the workload of these past two semesters coupled with Ari being my girlfriend) has kept me from being caught up on ANY of my TV shows.

    ReplyDelete