Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Josh and Kara

I'm so unhappy when I have to say goodbye to friends.

I don't know what heaven is like, except that I'm pretty sure Jesus will be in charge and that we'll get to see loved ones again. 

I used to think eternity might be boring - what will we do? 

That was before people I loved started moving away.

Maybe just being with all of the people that you love, and knowing you have all the time you want with them, and never wondering when or how you will be separated, is enough.

If I won the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes, or in some other way came into a large sum of money, I would buy a huge amount of land and pay all of the people I care about to live there with me. After tithing, of course.

I suppose that doesn't leave much room for all their hopes and ambitions. 

But we could have goats. I would feed and milk the goats and Sadie could make the goat milk into cheese. Sean could make vegetables grow, and Renee could...live in a house on the corner of the land that's right next to town.

And Kara and Josh could just live there. They could preach if they wanted to. But they don't even have to pull weight - they could just come and freeload off my massive winnings so that I could have the pleasure of their friendship and company.

Ok, I guess that's not realistic.

Kara would probably insist on pulling her own weight.

And I guess the land wouldn't be big enough to hold all the people I care about (the above was just a tiny, tiny sampling, I promise).

And I don't think God wants us to just hide away with our friends and live nice little lives.

Oh, and I don't have a large sum of money. Right.

Still, it would be nice.

I hope Philadelphia knows how good they have it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh good. Can I also request that the corner be very close to a Starbucks in town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case this ever does happen, I really would not complain if I had to free load and not pull my own weight. I mean, I could get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will totally make the goat cheese. Can we sell it at a stall in the farmer's market? And can I have an enormous straw hat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. You would look lovely in an enormous straw hat.

    ReplyDelete