Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Sick Day

I made some progress on last week's to do list...but not much. My desk is still clean-ish, and now the bed is even cleared off. I did manage to organize my fabric scraps into a few projects, but I haven't started on the yarn or other craft supplies. No baby-proofing or closet cleaning, either. I did manage to stay up until four this morning, though. (I needed to wash diapers, then I was wide awake and couldn't sleep, then I was finishing Catching Fire.)

This lack of progress on the list is mainly due to the cold I caught last Thursday (excuses, excuses). So today I had the following conversation with myself:

All right, you. Nap.

I don't want to. *pout* Naps are boring. And I have lots of stuff to do.

You are sick. You need to get better. 

Yeah, I guess. But I'm not tired. 

Look here. Hot soup. Vicks Vaporub. Now.

Ok! I don't mind those things. Food = good. And vaporub does not interfere with any fun I want to have! Deedleedee!

No way, missie. To bed with ye.

*channels Chip from Beauty and the Beast* But I'm not sleepy!

Bed. Now.

Ok. But at least I have seven overdue library books and a plethora of electronic devices to amuse me!

*taps foot impatiently*

Look, if I get sleepy, I swear, I'll take a nap. And I won't get up from bed unless it's necessary. But don't take away my toys!

I suppose this is the best we can do. You are impossible.

*childish snicker*

No comments:

Post a Comment