Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

At least I traded my heels for Chacos...

I know, I know - it's been forever. Almost a whole week! I'm sure you've been desperately checking for updates.

Yup. It's true. Blogging has made me even more self-absorbed than I was before. And that's not easy, folks.

Anyway, I have some good news:

I dance upon the graves of my final exams, and am looking forward to returning to my nice little life. A heck of a lot more of this:

I saw Chef Thomas Keller make cookie magic on the Today Show this morning. 
Legen-dairy (as in, I really hope I have a gallon of milk to go with those).

This:

 I made these magnets last week for someone's birthday. Mod-Podge - huzzah!

 They each have a different Fruit of the Spirit on them. Kindness is a kitty!

 Here's the whole set, and they're mailed away.
I actually remembered someone's birthday! (Thank God for Google Calendar!)

And this:
And a lot, lot less of this:

Well, that's the plan anyway. I've had a good start to it today, anyway. Laundry, dishes, and even vacuuming.
Ok, so running the roomba is a loose definition of "vacuuming." 
At least if I describe it in a way that makes it sound like I worked or something.

Yes, at heart, I'm a liberated 1950s housewife. And a feminist. That's right, I can be both. Shannon Hayes says so. (But after my brush with appendicitis this winter, let me say that her ideas about health insurance are bunk.)

So here's hoping your beautiful May day is just as fulfilling, whether that's because you're working hard or hardly working.

Love,
Katie

3 comments:

  1. You just gave me an idea for my next art class project, AND I had been meaning to weed out canning lids too! THANKS!!! I'm so excited to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I have heard good things about that book! Haven't read it yet....but yes, I'm wary about those health insurance ideas too. I know people who don't have health insurance bc they reason they are young & healthy & can do more good with eating good food ("preventative" style). Saving $80 a month sounds nice....but still....you never know when something could happen...

    ReplyDelete