Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Excuse me, Miss - Your children's librarian is showing...

I have to tell people about things I love. And I love this book:





You caught me. It's children's literature. But WAIT! I promise, you will love Pete too, when you get to know him. After all, I stayed up until midnight last night with about ten friends - coloring. With crayons. Wonders never cease.

So embrace your inner child and check out this book. It's nominated for a Missouri Building Block Award this year, and it's my pick for the winner. If you have kids, or work with kids, or you think you will ever talk to a kid sometime in your life, Pete the Cat is a good friend to have - if your kid hasn't met him, they will love you for the introduction.

Ok, I'm overselling.


I could read you the story of Pete the Cat and his brand-new white shoes...but I'd rather let these two do it. They're cuter than me. (And that's saying something!)


And in case you didn't catch it at the end: "The moral of the story is: No matter what you step in, keep walking along and singing your song. Because it's all good."

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. And I promise that my next post will not be a review. For serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's just adorable. Now I know what I'm going to be singing whenever I put on my shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the almost Greek chorus effect of the other little girl.

    "What color did it turn his shoes? ... Brown!"

    "BROOOOOOWWWWNNN!"

    "Did Pete cry? Goodness no!"

    "GOODNESS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

    I also relate to memorizing the story before I learned to read.

    ReplyDelete