Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Clean cup! Move down!


What, Kitty? You're looking at me like you've never seen a clean room before.
...

Gentle readers, please don't think about that one too hard.

Anyway, I promised you after-pics, so...

Before
After!
You guys are such great motivation.

Note the absence of piles on the floor.
Calvin is just proving how tall he is. Yes, we know. You're a big cat.

Of the two, Susie is actually more likely to pose for a picture.

But of course, the thing about having a nice clean office is that it's such an inviting space to...do things in. Which involves making messes. So I did, this week, but I cleaned it all up! If you've been to our house, you might have seen this on the bathroom wall:


It's a dandelion, releasing fluffy white seeds to the wind! My color scheme is bright blue and gold, and I find the image of letting the wind carry you off very relaxing. And my bathroom is a very peaceful, cheery place, as bathrooms go. But only a few days after I painted it up there, a visitor pointed out,

"Katie? You know you have the word 'release' painted on your bathroom wall? ...In a bathroom? You know...release?"

Thanks. Great. I don't care if no one else in the world thinks that, now I DO.

So this weekend I replaced it with some dandelion-inspired art:

Paper collage
And I painted over the dandelion. But I'm no artist, so I don't adore the art - especially the fluffy white dandelion, which looks more like a cotton blossom to me. Plus, I guess I didn't stir the paint well enough - if you look closely, you can see the brushstrokes where I painted over the dandelion and the word - it's a slightly different color.

Oh well. Perfection isn't my game. There's a reason there isn't an "after" picture of the office closet.*

Love,

Katie

*No, I did not just stuff all my junk in there. But I didn't exactly clean it out, either...

3 comments:

  1. It looks even better in real life! And I'm sure the paint will fade to a more matching color. That's how that works, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done!!! This is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete